Whole Community Care
Wellness in Unity
Northern California: March 28-29, 2023
Southern California: April 25-26, 2023
During the spring of 2023, the two-day conference explored the intersection of SUD prevention practices and the wellbeing of the overall community. In line with national prevention priorities and current best practices in prevention science, this innovative training approach in SUD prevention incorporated the knowledge of shared risk and protective factors, highlighted unique skills and expertise within the existing prevention workforce, and aligned integrated care opportunities in behavioral health. The conference further focused on social determinants of health (SDOH), diversity, equity, inclusion, and belongingness (DEIB), and shifted the perspective of trauma-informed care and adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) to include a focus on opportunities around healing-centered care and positive childhood experiences (PCEs).
- Discover the intersections of whole-person, whole-organization, and whole-community care with SUD prevention practices.
- Identify how to shift prevention training and knowledge into successful and innovative implementation in alignment with best practices.
- Explore opportunities for integrated care in behavioral health and learn how these opportunities are impacted by SDOH and DEIB.
- Enhance and sustain the prevention workforce by sharing generational knowledge, mentorship opportunities, and networking.
- Learn about emerging prevention science that is focused on hope and community resiliency, including PCEs and healing-centered care.
Continuing Education Hours: Continuing Education Hours are offered by the Center for Applied Research Solutions (CARS) for those who participate in the two-day conference for up to 10.5 hours of credits to county staff who attend the two-day conference at no cost. For general registrants, we are offering up to 8.5 hours of credits at no cost. To request no-cost Continuing Education Hours, complete this form.
CARS is an approved provider for: CCAPP #4N-08-923-0722, CA Board of Registered Nurses #CEP16303, and CAMFT #131736.