Friday, March 15, 20199:00am - 4:30pm, Registration begins at 8:30am
Learning Partnership, 2nd floor
To register for this event, please contact Genie Lee at email@example.com or the Learning Partnership at 408-792-3900.
This training is to build skills of counselors working with adolescents. BI is a short- term counseling intervention that consists of 2 to 4 sessions aimed at adolescents who use alcohol and/or other drugs. This approach uses motivational interviewing, cognitive behavior therapy and the stages of change model to meet the needs of adolescents.
- Identify the counselor’s attitudes and relationship with teens
- Demonstrate the ability to teach adolescents how to take a more active and reflective role in decisions about their own behavior
- Identify strategies that would support an adolescent driven plan to make decisions they see as beneficial
- Demonstrate Increased knowledge about drug and alcohol use among teens
- Utilize Motivation Interviewing to empower rather than enforce