The California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and the Center for Applied Research Solutions (CARS) are pleased to announce the launching of the NO-COST Community Prevention Initiative (CPI) Online Training Series – Professional Competencies in Substance Abuse Prevention.
These online trainings provide the prevention field an opportunity to gain or expand their knowledge in foundational topics, including the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) model. The training modules can be taken individually or as a whole series, to best meet your needs. Current modules in the Professional Competencies series include:
- Assessment (assessing need, resources and readiness)
- Capacity Building (building capacity and community organizing)
- Planning (using outcome based logic models and developing strategic plans)
- Implementation (implementing evidence-based policies, programs and practices)
- Evaluation (monitoring and evaluating for improvement and decision making)
- New! Ethics (understanding and applying ethical principles in decision making)