Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Policy and Prevention Branch (PPB) is excited to introduce its new primary prevention data collection and reporting service (PPSDS) that will replace the existing CalOMS Pv. The PPB is committed to providing regular informational updates about the project timeline, activities and current implementation status. This webpage serves as the home for those informational updates. The PPB looks forward to working with our stakeholders as we transition from our old service to our new. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact Margie L. Hieter at (916) 327-3514 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DHCS and FEi Systems will meet weekly.
- DHCS and FEi Systems had a three-day gap analysis meeting from May 1 – May 3, 2017.
- The pilot workgroup viewed a product demonstration on May 2nd.
- May 1, 2017 – Contract start
- FEi Systems provided DHCS with screen shots of options for the configurable fields.
- The vendor selected is FEi.com, Inc. dba FEi Systems
- March 20, 2017 – The notice of intent to award was posted
- The RFP proposals received were reviewed.
- March 10, 2017 – The RFP proposal due date
- February 21, 2017 – The RFP was posted
Upcoming PPSDS Webinars
- Friday, August 4, 2017 from 8:30-9:30am
- Wednesday, August 9, 2017 from 3-4pm
- Monday, August 14, 2017 from 9-10am
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017 from 1-2pm
- Thursday, August 31, 2017 from 10-11am
- Thursday, September 7, 2017 from 3-4pm
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 from 8:30-9:30am
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 from 1-2pm
- Monday, September 25, 2017 from 9-10am
- Webinar Link: https://www.webmeeting.att.com
- Conference call number: (888) 557-8511
- Webinar meeting number: (888) 557-8511
- Participant pass code: 612066
Upcoming PPSDS Onsite Trainings
To train county prevention staff on the new Primary Prevention SUD Data Service (PPSDS), eight training events will be held in seven locations during September, 2017. PPSDS statewide training information is being provided to inform county prevention staff of the training dates and locations and to allow as much time as possible for calendar scheduling.
> Statewide Training Agenda [PDF 130 KB]
All training events will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Each training participant should bring a laptop to allow for a “hands on” training experience.
To help prepare for the training events, participants will be provided with the following additional information after they register for a specific training date and location.
- Training location address
- Specific data/information to help prepare for the training event
To register, identify your choice of training date and send an email to PrimaryPvSUDData@dhcs.ca.gov.
Our vendor, FEi Systems, will conduct this training which is targeted toward the county prevention staff. Follow-up “provider-related” webinar training will be offered during October and November, details will be provided at a later date.
|Sept. 11, 2017||San Francisco County – San Francisco|
|Sept. 12, 2017||Sacramento County – Sacramento|
|Sept. 13, 2017||Sacramento County – Sacramento|
|Sept. 14, 2017||Orange County – Santa Ana|
|Sept. 15, 2017||Los Angeles – Alhambra|
|Sept. 18, 2017||Napa County – Napa|
|Sept. 19, 2017||Shasta County – Redding|
|Sept. 21, 2017||Kern County – Bakersfield|
Regular updates will occur at each County Coordinator Call and/or meeting.
- FAQs About PPSDS [PDF 296 KB]
New – These are responses to questions about the new Primary Prevention Substance Use Disorder Data Service (PPSDS). As new questions are submitted, this document will be updated (last updated 9/5/17).
- 9-5-17 Annual Progress Report Template for Counties [DOCX 16 KB]
New – By September 30th of each fiscal year, counties must report progress on goals and objectives identified in the County Strategic Prevention Plan (SPP). Once completed, submit this form to the DHCS analyst assigned to monitor your county primary prevention programs and activities.
- PPSDS Data Template [XLSX 1 MB]
This template is designed for collecting and reporting primary prevention SUD service activity during this transition phase (July 1, 2017 – September 30, 2017), and has been updated to include approved CSAP activities and additional clarifying information on various template fields (e.g., indirect time, demographics, recurring services).
- PPSDS Data Template Instructions [PDF 130 KB]
Updated 08/18/17 – The list of CSAP activities now includes SAP and added information to the indirect time, total number served, and group attendance sections.
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention Strategies and CSAP Activities [PDF 138 KB]
This resource lists approved CSAP activities and their corresponding definitions.
Updated 08/18/17 – Student Assistance Programs (SAP) were added to the list of CSAP activities and corresponding definitions within the Education and Problem Identification and Referral strategies.
Notices and Memos
- September 7, 2017 – Transition from California Outcome Measurement Service for Prevention (CalOMS Pv) to Primary Prevention SUD Data Service (PPSDS)
- June 30, 2017 – Transition from California Outcome Measurement Service for Prevention (CalOMS Pv) to Primary Prevention SUD Data Service (PPSDS)
- May 1, 2017 – MHSUDS Information Notice No. 17-014: Substance Use Disorder Primary Prevention Data Collection and Reporting Service
Pilot County Workgroup Members
- Alameda County
- Contra Costa County
- Kern County
- Los Angeles County
- Mendocino County
- Napa County
- Orange County
- Riverside County
- Sacramento County
- San Francisco County
- San Luis Obispo County
- Santa Cruz County
- Sutter-Yuba County
- Trinity County
- The California Friday Night Live Partnership