Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Policy and Prevention Branch (PPB) is excited to introduce its new primary prevention data collection and reporting service (PPSDS) that will replace the existing CalOMS Pv. The PPB is committed to providing regular informational updates about the project timeline, activities and current implementation status. This webpage serves as the home for those informational updates. The PPB looks forward to working with our stakeholders as we transition from our old service to our new. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact Margie L. Hieter at (916) 327-3514 or by email at email@example.com.
- DHCS and FEi Systems will meet weekly.
- DHCS and FEi Systems had a three-day gap analysis meeting from May 1 – May 3, 2017.
- The pilot workgroup viewed a product demonstration on May 2nd.
- May 1, 2017 – Contract start
- FEi Systems provided DHCS with screen shots of options for the configurable fields.
- The vendor selected is FEi.com, Inc. dba FEi Systems
- March 20, 2017 – The notice of intent to award was posted
- The RFP proposals received were reviewed.
- March 10, 2017 – The RFP proposal due date
- February 21, 2017 – The RFP was posted
Upcoming PPSDS Webinars
Admin Training for Counties
- Wednesday, October 4, 2017 from 9-10am
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 from 1-2pm
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017 from 1-2pm
- Monday, October 23, 2017 from 11am-12pm
County Training Dates
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 from 2-3pm
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017 from 2-3pm
Provider Training Dates
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017 from 1:30-3:30pm
- Thursday, October 5, 2017 from 2-4pm
- Monday, October 9, 2017 from 1:30-3:30pm
- Thursday, October 12, 2017 from 10am-12pm
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017 from 8-10am
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 from 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 from 1:30-3:30pm
- Thursday, October 26, 2017 from 8:30-10:30am
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017 from 1:30-3:30pm
- Friday, November 3, 2017 from 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017 from 1:30-3:30pm
- Thursday, November 9, 2017 from 10am-12pm
- Webinar Link: https://www.webmeeting.att.com
- Conference call number: (888) 557-8511
- Webinar meeting number: (888) 557-8511
- Participant pass code: 612066
- DHCS PPSDS End User Guide [PDF 4.9 MB]
Draft Released 9/22/17 – This guide is intended for county and provider staff who enter data into the PPSDS. The guide provides step-by-step instructions to enter the Strategic Prevention Plan information into the PPSDS; include outcome indicators, goals, and objectives; and add primary prevention SUD program and activity data.
- FAQs About PPSDS [PDF 296 KB]
New – These are responses to questions about the new Primary Prevention Substance Use Disorder Data Service (PPSDS). As new questions are submitted, this document will be updated (last updated 9/5/17).
- 9-5-17 Annual Progress Report Template for Counties [DOCX 16 KB]
New – By September 30th of each fiscal year, counties must report progress on goals and objectives identified in the County Strategic Prevention Plan (SPP). Once completed, submit this form to the DHCS analyst assigned to monitor your county primary prevention programs and activities.
- PPSDS Data Template [XLSX 1 MB]
This template is designed for collecting and reporting primary prevention SUD service activity during this transition phase (July 1, 2017 – September 30, 2017), and has been updated to include approved CSAP activities and additional clarifying information on various template fields (e.g., indirect time, demographics, recurring services).
- PPSDS Data Template Instructions [PDF 130 KB]
Updated 08/18/17 – The list of CSAP activities now includes SAP and added information to the indirect time, total number served, and group attendance sections.
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention Strategies and CSAP Activities [PDF 138 KB]
This resource lists approved CSAP activities and their corresponding definitions.
Updated 08/18/17 – Student Assistance Programs (SAP) were added to the list of CSAP activities and corresponding definitions within the Education and Problem Identification and Referral strategies.
Notices and Memos
- September 7, 2017 – Transition from California Outcome Measurement Service for Prevention (CalOMS Pv) to Primary Prevention SUD Data Service (PPSDS)
- June 30, 2017 – Transition from California Outcome Measurement Service for Prevention (CalOMS Pv) to Primary Prevention SUD Data Service (PPSDS)
- May 1, 2017 – MHSUDS Information Notice No. 17-014: Substance Use Disorder Primary Prevention Data Collection and Reporting Service
Pilot County Workgroup Members
- Alameda County
- Contra Costa County
- Kern County
- Los Angeles County
- Mendocino County
- Napa County
- Orange County
- Riverside County
- Sacramento County
- San Francisco County
- San Luis Obispo County
- Santa Cruz County
- Sutter-Yuba County
- Trinity County
- The California Friday Night Live Partnership