Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Policy and Prevention Branch (PPB) administers service data through its data entry system, primary prevention data collection and reporting service (PPSDS), formerly California Outcomes Measurement System for Prevention (CalOMS Pv). The PPB is committed to providing system updates and information. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact your assigned analyst.
- New – DHCS Primary Prevention Website
- New – Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SABG) Policy Manual [PDF 1.2 MB]
- DHCS PPSDS End User Guide [PDF 4.9 MB] Draft Released 9/22/17 – This guide is intended for county and provider staff who enter data into the PPSDS. The guide provides step-by-step instructions to enter the Strategic Prevention Plan information into the PPSDS; include outcome indicators, goals, and objectives; and add primary prevention SUD program and activity data.
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) Strategies and Activities Definitions and Matrix [PDF 138 KB]
Updated July 2018 – This resource lists approved CSAP activities and their corresponding definitions.
Previous Notices and Memos
- December 27, 2017 – Historical and Archival Reports from the California Outcomes Measurement Service for Prevention
- September 7, 2017 – Transition from California Outcome Measurement Service for Prevention (CalOMS Pv) to Primary Prevention SUD Data Service (PPSDS)
- June 30, 2017 – Transition from California Outcome Measurement Service for Prevention (CalOMS Pv) to Primary Prevention SUD Data Service (PPSDS)
- May 1, 2017 – MHSUDS Information Notice No. 17-014: Substance Use Disorder Primary Prevention Data Collection and Reporting Service